The "Give One, Get One" Book Exchange hosted by IABCLA on September 21 at Urth Caffee in Pasadena fostered a lively conversation about communications ideas across various media. The titles that were exchanged covered political comms and community building, why some ideas thrive, how to podcast, and a classic book for writers.
The group shared many recommendations, including books, articles, websites, and podcasts. Here are a few to consider:
- Freakonomics podcast on making meetings less terrible
- Thrive Global – a website on well-being and success
- What Successful People do in Social Media by Carolyn Leach (IABCLA member)
- How to Write Short by Roy Peter Clark
- Book Bub – a daily email offer of fiction, nonfiction, and classic e-books – priced at $1.99 or $2.99. Subscribe here.
The chapter’s next event will be a Coffee Connection on October 12 at Andante, 7623 Beverly Boulevard in Los Angeles. Hosted by Rachel Mann, the discussion will focus on executive communications. Rachel plans to share insights and best practices as executives and comms professionals navigate the challenges of an ever-changing and complex world. Click here to register.
(Note: I’m the vice president/president-elect of IABCLA, and I often post updates on
I'm Eli Natinsky and I'm a communication professional. This blog explores my work and professional interests. I also delve into other topics, including media, marketing, pop culture, and technology.